ATJ Customer of the Week - 10/20/08 - Dave and Mary S
Today's Episode of our Customer(s) of the Week comes from a far away place. Dave's address is an APO so he's doing something far away.
Customer of the Week Questions
1. What are you currently driving? model? year? color? etc.
-Mine is black, 2006 Wrangler Rubicon and my wife, Mary, drives a red, 2007 Wrangler Unlimited (the 4 door one).
2. Tell us your favorite modication you have made to your current Jeep.
-They're both pretty much stock, I put some corner guards on my rubicon.
3. When did you get your first Jeep and why did you choose a Jeep?
-1984, I purchased an 81 CJ-7 and drove it for 12 years. My Dad had a Mohindra while doing missionary work in India back in the 60's and early 70's... I fell in love with the smell and mechanics of that old jeep.
4. Where's the most interesting place you've had your Jeep?
-My wife and I are active duty Air Force, stationed at RAF Mildenhall, England... that's pretty interesting!! I've driven mine through London once.
5. What is the most interesting thing you've DONE in your Jeep?
-I used to do a lot of 4-wheeling in my old CJ (I rolled it once), it grew up in Kansas City, went to California for a couple years, then drove cross country to North Carolina. That took me six days and a really sore neck!
6. Ever get arrested while in the Jeep? For what?
-1983, I was arrested driving home from a club in downtown KC around closing time, they gave me a break and let me go after stewing in the cell for a couple hours... Alright, they pulled me over for weaving too much... I don't do that anymore!!
7. What music do you listen to while driving the Jeep?
-Classic rock and roll, what other kind of music is there?
8. How many Jeeps have you had in your lifetime?
-4, if you count my Dad's old jeep.
9. If you could win any Jeep, past or present, what Jeep would you want to win?
-After WWII, it was cheaper to leave old vehicles in place (European theatre) rather then ship them back to the States. There are tons of old Jeeps and military equipment that folks collect, restore and show. The Brits just love them! I want a genuine WWII Ford or Jeep Willy's left over here from England, that had seen some action back in the war and I want it with scratches, bullet holes and mud from 1941!!!
10 Does your Jeep have a name? What is it?
-My jeep is Sweet Pea II, and my wifes is Princess Boudica.
11. If it doesn't have a name and you had to name it, what would you call it?
-My wife wanted to add this FYI... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica
12. Is it a boy or a girl?
-Mines a boy and the 07 is a girl.
13. Tell us about any stickers or custom work you have on your Jeep?
-I have the "Life is good" tire cover I purchased from you.
14. What's the most unique thing about your Jeep?
-I like my 06 for the 6 speed manual transmission, 4.0 ltr in-line 6 -vs- the V6, oh... I think the digital thermometer and compass in the mirror is pretty cool!!
15. If you are a member of a local Jeep or off-road club, give a shout out to the club here:
-Mildenhall 4X4 has a pretty active Jeep scene, I don't get too involved, our jeeps are daily drivers.
16. If you were a Super Hero and your Jeep had extradinary powers, what would those powers be?
-The power to never break, self healing!!
17. If you could chose one new gift for your next birthday, would it be:
- a new 2009 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- a fully restored, 1941 Jeep Willys
- world peace
- a million dollar gift certificate to www.allthingsjeep.com
(this is a loaded question, we do hope you all choose world peace)
-1941 Willy's... world peace is asking way too much!!
18. What are your 3 favorite products available for sale at http://www.allthingsjeep.com/?
-Jeep Clocks, Jeep calendars and Life is good stuff!
Dave and Mary S.
Written & Sponsored by www.AllThingsJeep.com
and its employees.